Research activities of Hue University of Sciences have been conducted in the fields of Natural Science, Engineering, Social Science and Humanity. Priority researches have been concentrated on the following issues:
Some main international cooperative projects have been conducted in the period of 2009-2014:
- Sanitation Constraints Classification and Alternatives Evaluation for Asian Cities (SaniCon – Asia), sponsored by Kyoto University (2009-2011);
- Health risk assessment during urban flooding in Hue, sponsored by Tokyo University (2010-2011);
- The establishment of the database for the restoration and conservation of Van Thanh and Vo Thanh historical monuments in Hue City basing on the application of information technology, sponsored by Italian and Vietnamese Governments (2010-2012);
- Study on the mechanism and functions of metabolisms in CAM (Crassualacean acid metabolism) plants, sponsored by National Foundation for Science & Technology Development (2011-2012);
- A study on material flow of recyclables handled by informal sectors and their operational efficiencies in Hue, sponsored by Okayama University (2011-2013);
- Analysis of pathogenic distribution during inundation using model XP-SWMM for the old city of Hue, sponsored by Tokyo University (2012-2014);
- Strengthening the right to land and water surface use and management for resettled fishermen in Tam Giang lagoon, Phu Vang District, sponsored by ICCO, Netherlands (2011-2014);
- Adaptation of Solid Waste Management to Frequent Floods in Vulnerable Mid Scale Asian Cities, sponsored by MT Institute of Research, Japan (2013-2015);
- Preservation of coastal ecosystem and natural resources under development activities, sponsored by VLIR-IUC, Belgium (2012-2018).
The research of the University has been supported mainly by Vietnam government, international organizations and NGOs.
The ministerial level projects